Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Saturday, January 01, 2005

OK, so it's Saturday not Friday. So sue me! Technically the New Year starts today so my resolutions haven't been broken yet. And here they are:

1) Write in blog Monday, Wednesday, Friday
2) Take my vitamins/eat healthy every day
3) Excercise more
4) Lose 5 lbs - what this actually means is lose 5 lbs of fat, I don't care if I end up weighing more due to muscle mass later on
5) Knit more
6) Snowboarding as soon as I'm allowed to again

Hopefully these things working together will make my year a more healthy one than the past year. I have three words for you: appendicticis, pneumonia, and mononucleosis. And that's just a start. Mom thinks I'll be a good teacher, because I've already had almost every childhood disease known in Western countries. Excluding mumps *knock on wood*

Some accomplishments this year:
I learned how to knit cables
I learned how to drive a boat
I got an A+ in a University class
I hiked over 10km in one day
I went to the Calgary Stampede
I worked for a multi-national corporation (and made a discovery, that if it pans out, will make them millions of dollars)
I saw a funnel cloud
I learned to ballroom dance
I went to Hawai'i

Despite being ravaged by disease all in all a good year. :) Excepting the war in Iraq and the Indian Ocean earthquakes, of course. And 'Dubya' being elected again.

Karlie@1:48 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy