Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I'm getting better from the cold/flu/some-sort-of-horrendous-bug that got me yesterday, and stopped me from going back to TBay. I think it's turning into tonsillitis, which is something I can handle. As long as it doesn't move it's scratchy little fingers into my lungs I'm happy.

Nothing much is new here, and I don't have anything to post except that it's been FREAKING COLD HERE!!!!! I mean, I know I'm Canadian and I can handle it and all, but really, it's been in the -30C (-40 Windchill) range for 3 out of the last 4 weeks! The last time I was in weather this bad was in Grade 12, when I was at SJR and Winnipeg had it's coldest December on record!

I hope it warms up. Sliding and snowboarding don't happen unless it's at least -22C or warmer, with a less than -28C windchill. That's my rule. I will go outside if it's colder, just not doing something that causes quick movement (thus increasing windchill). If you are from anywhere that doesn't have a windchill factor (or if you know darned well from personal experience what it is and just want more info), here is an explanation.
Karlie@4:48 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy