Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Had a pretty good weekend, Friday I got a blue Betta fish, went to Lucy's for dinner, and then we went to Amy's for the Geology party. There were some VERY drunk people there, but I got to know lots of people a lot better. Saturday I hung out, cleaned the apartment, and knitted until dinner. Then Laura and I went and picked up some movies (Bridget Jones's Diary and Calendar Girls) and watched them, and stayed up till 2AM remeniscing. I slept over, and today Laura made belgian waffles, and we watched Pirates of the Carribean with her roommate, Allison.

I should be doing my Hydro homework, but I haven't a clue how to do it, so I'm going to try to get help with it tomorrow. I also have an ore test on Friday, I need to identify 26 hand samples, and give the proper chemical formulas for them. Ick. But it's Thanksgiving, and Allan's coming at some point so that should be fun.

The girls night last night was for the specific reason that Laura and I are both single, and consequently lonely, so we ate chocolate and watched movies. I want to know where the hell all the nice guys are hiding. Or are there really that few that all of them have already been snapped up? Maybe I'm just too picky, because that's a definite possiblity as well. But I'm grumpy and frustrated now. Hopefully Thanksgiving will help to remedy that.


Karlie@9:20 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy