Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

So I haven't updated in forever...so sue me, I've been busy moving and starting school! Just kidding. Things have been good, my singing teacher is really nice and says I have lots of potential. My structural geology class sounds a little nightmarish, with 3 essays, 2 midterms, labs, and the final.

Thunder Bay is pretty nice, and I had a great time with Laura (an old friend from, well, forever) on Saturday hanging out, and with my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins at Amethyst Mine Panorama on Sunday. I got 5.5 lbs of amethyst there, woohoo!

My birthday (Tuesday) was a nice day, Laura and I went out for lunch at Moxies (ooh free brownie desert) and shopped a little. Nice to hear that Canada set a world record in hockey too: first time a team has won every game they played in the World Cup.

Tomorrow, we're going out for the night. Sounds fun!
Karlie@7:30 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy