Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

It's once again been a long time since my last update, so here's some more news.

I finished sewing the robe for my Hermione costume, which I'm wearing to school the Friday before Hallowe'en. It turned out VERY well, I used black and wine cotton broadcloth and McCall's 4340 pattern. I altered both the length of the cloak so it came just to my ankles, and I reduced the bell on the sleeve. I still need to get a patch for it, but I remembered to add a want pocket on the inside. Once I get the patch and put it on I'll take a picture.

My singing class is going super well, with both good and bad news. Good: my teacher thinks I'm good enough that I could sing professionally, if I so chose and practiced hard. Bad: I'm having a LOT of trouble with my upper register, and she thinks it's because the trach tube from surgery damaged my vocal chords. BUT she thinks that I have enough potential that she wants to take me to Montreal to get it fixed/helped at one of Canada's 4 voice clinics.

Tomorrow I'm going to my Aunt and Uncle's again, to have dinner and build a new train set with Anton, like I promised I would. This weekend will be spent writing an essay on nappe folds for Structure. EW.
Karlie@8:47 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy