Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Here's a quick update. We went to Buck Lake for the long weekend, and had lots of fun playing with the cat, Charlie, we went tubing once, suntanned, read, and put together a few puzzles. One of them has no border (so that the edges are puzzle pieces with tabs and slots), comes with five extra pieces, and has a repeating pattern. It took 3 hours for us to put it together, and it had 750 pieces. Not too shabby.

I woke up yesterday with stomach pains, that turned into another ER visit where they decided I may or may not have appendicitis and put me on an IV with morphine. Wow, that stuff screws you over fast, when it drips straight into your veins. I almost passed out when they took it out for some reason too. I wasn't scared, wasn't watching, just came over sick and dizzy and the next thing I new the nurse was taking my pulse and saying I looked pale, as I lay on the gurney. Since it hasn't improved so far over the day I'm probably going to end up going back, and who knows what they'll do then. I just hope the wait is shorter, yesterday I got there at 8 PM, got a bed at 1:30, and didn't see a doctor till 3:00. I then proceeded home at 8 AM. Loverly.


Karlie@4:17 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy