Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Monday, July 26, 2004

New Computer!



Yes, I got my new computer. Hip hip hurray! Yeah, I'm nerdy, but that's OK. It's amazing, with XP, 512 Mb RAM, 60GB harddrive....it just goes on and on.

Not much else is new here, I will be leaving SAIT shortly, and then back to Lakehead. I just bought some material to cover the loveseat my parents will be giving me for my new apartment. It's a really nice shade of bluey-purple. I also got the material so that I can actually make the dream dress. Woohoo! I had material already for the outer layer, but since it's completely sheer I thought I'd get something for underneath as well.

Allan's costume is coming along as well, we've almost finished the jacket. It's completely sewn, just lacking buttons and button holes. The pants are also hemmed, and the vest cut out and with some preliminary sewing. It will be done, I think! Once I get the chance I'll take a piccy.

Long weekend coming up to, and I'm very much looking forward to it. Ang and I are going to Buck Lake, for some water skiing and tubing. And hopefully escaping the heat! It's been torturous here, with outdoor temperatures of 29 and 30, and indoor temperatures of 35.

Karlie@11:07 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy