Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Friday, April 16, 2004

Yesterday was a great "spree" day. I went to West Ed, and first went to check out the formal dresses, since the one I'm sewing for Top Hat is not working out. I bought nice new pale yellow sheets to match my quilt, 50% off. Fabric to cover my plaid comforter, and to make an apron since I can't bake without getting flour all over me. It's a retro 50's pattern, I'm making the large one in the middle with a "bib". I got neato material too, also very 50's, in horizontal blue and white stripes with green vines and pink flowers. I also got two pairs of stain-resistant khaki's from Old Navy, absolutely identical because they only had one colour. I didn't have any work pants so that was a problem. I have to go back this weekend to get work shirts. I also got wool to make a scarf (those of you as obsessed with LOTR as I am should recognize it). After all this I went to Chapters, picked up an Agatha Christie, and went and had lunch at Moxie's. Came home, studied, made up my bed with newly washed sheets, and cut out the apron pattern. A profitable day.

Today does not promise to be as exciting, unfortunately. I'll be studying Carbonates and Mapping, cutting out my apron (and possibly sewing on it), and dropping off my roll of film at London Drugs so I can give Curtis his camera back!
Karlie@11:56 a.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy