Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Yay for Sunday!



Sunday was lots of fun, Angela and I took Allan to get material and patterns so we can sew him a Merry (Meriadoc Brandybuck) costume. We had a tough time with the vest, I mean really, who wears mustard yellow? But his frock coat is lovely forest green fleece, and we found the best (for cheap) material for a Fellowship cloak EVER. It's see-through-y with a slight pattern, soft and fleecy looking on the right side. It's even grey! Unfortunately it doesn't change colour to match your surrounds like true elven material, but hey, I doubt elves wove the material. I need him to go back and get more though, because both of us have only half the material we need to make cloaks, since we underestimated the yardage. C'est la vie. I also got material and the Raggedy Ann pattern from Simplicity to make stuffed dolls from LOTR. See, I'm obsessed with the gorgeous cotumes, but can't afford that much material to make full-sized ones of them all (plus, where would I wear them all?). So I'm going to make them in mini! First on the list - Pippin and Elanor Gamgee. I also got the new McCall's pattern, 4491, to make the Arwen dresses (in my size). They have princess seams and the originals did not, as well they're only one piece but I don't care. I can either adjust it to make it two, or preferrably leave it as one and called it "inspired by" instead of a reproduction.

Yesterday I sewed Step 1 of my newest quilting project, and seeing as there's only five steps which will all take about the same length of time, I'm doing well! Of course, quilting it and finishing it aren't in those five steps, and with exams coming up my time spent on it will be severely limited. I also made up my schedule for next year, and found out that I have the following fall exam schedule:
Wednesday Dec 15 2:00
Thursday Dec 16 9:00
Friday Dec 17 2:00
Saturday Dec 18 9:00, 2:00

WHO THE HELL HAS EXAMS ON SATURDAYS?? ESPECIALLY TWO??

I thought only engineers did! And the worst of it is I have to take those classes no matter what so my exams will be then no matter. What. I thought 5 exams in 5 straight days is worse. Try 5 in 3.5 days. I may not be sane for next Christmas.
Karlie@12:33 a.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy