Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Saturday, March 27, 2004

Had a lovely pot-luck dinner at Elizabeth's last night, which culminated in her taking out her afghan squares (which, since she started at age 11 are not all exactly even and are in a myriad of colours) and me telling her it WAS possible to make a passable, even nice blanket out of them. We laid them out so that all the rows were of even length, if not even numbers of squares, we'll sew them into a blanket and then I'll sew a fleece back to it so it won't warp.

Today my stupid TA for clastics finally handed back some of our labs, and he took off moronic marks that should not have been taken off. I don't mind losing marks if I've done something wrong or made a mistake, but when I abbreviate "hummocky cross-stratification" to "HCS" or "hummocky x-strat" (both of which our professor does constantly) I don't expect to lose 2 marks apiece! There was also no hot water in the shower, I haven't finished my mapping OR carbonates labs, and I have my clastics lab final Tuesday. So I'm a little cranky.

On the bright side I did get my rock hammer and Rite in the Rain field notebook today, so that's cool. Now I just need to buy a compass and pay my $350 fee. I really wish I had some rocks to smash up......I will be hammer-happy for awhile.
Karlie@12:41 a.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy