Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Monday, March 15, 2004

BUSY Weekend



On Friday I rented some movies, Bend it Like Beckham and Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. The first one was totally awesome, the last one, well, left something to be desired. I also made some double chocolate cookies, but unfortunately our very hot oven burnt the bottoms of the first batch.

I slept in Saturday (for the first time since September, pretty much, since choir is now over) and went for a run, literally, to MEC, where I got some field school stuff: red fleece, 1L water pack (because 2 was not enough hiking in Hawai'i), and a few other odds and ends. That afternoon I got some textile medium and painted the White Tree of Gondor on a black t-shirt and an album for my Hawai'i photos. And then that night Allan and I went to UADC's beach party dance, where we danced, mostly cha-chaed the night away. There was a limbo contest which I came decently close to winning. I made it completely under the second last level, but when I moved to stand up I threw my head forward a little too quickly and overbalanced. Ah well. It was only about 2.5 ft or less off the ground, so that's pretty bendy. We danced so long I got blisters.

Yesterday I slept in again, and went to the Art Gallery with Robin. Unfortunately the bus didn't come so I ended up walking, and that's about 24 blocks. I didn't think to walk down to the LRT and take it the rest of the way. We saw some cool and some strange pictures, and had fun in the children's interactive display where we got to make magic wands and decorate red shoes. We then went to the Fairmont Hotel MacDonald for dinner, since they had a fairly inexpensive (for the Fairmont) dinner special due to the Edmonton Dining Festival. It was the best salmon I have ever tasted in my life, seasoned with maple glaze and pepper berry. Finally, we wandered back here, meeting Kenton and Kayla on the way, and watched Charlie's Angels (again, only because Hidalgo wasn't playing at City Centre until 10:30 and we had school today). Let me tell you, it isn't any better the second time.
Karlie@12:15 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy