Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Saturday, February 07, 2004

I just spent the last 5 hours fixing/adjusting/seam-ripping-to-make-new-pattern my (muslin) bodice. A muslin is when you make your new pattern out of cheap fabric, to check how it fits. Of course, I have broadish shoulders and an itty-bitty waist with big hips, so patterns require lots of fixing. I had to take it in on the sides and in back. Once I'd done that I had to seam-rip it back apart again so I could use the adjusted pieces as my new pattern. Not fun, really. (My mom's friend's husband once told her: why do you want to cut fabric into little pieces and sew it back together again? My intelligent response to that...um....well....I'll get back to you). Anyways then I finally got to cut it out of the outer fabric, interlining, AND lining, so I just need to sew it together. Having been refreshed by a french mint from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory I shall do just that.
Karlie@10:57 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy