Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Monday, January 26, 2004

The weather has gone nuts. It's -33C with a windchill of -46C, which means I am stuck inside because I'm not supposed to go out when it's this cold with my asthma. Of course, I do EVENTUALLY have to go out, because I have a lab today. But I was kind of hoping that it would "warm up" a little this afternoon. However, since I got up this morning it has actually gotten progressively COLDER. So scratch that. Kayla left this morning layered up, she looked like a marshmallow. I myself at the moment have on long johns, kneesocks, cords, t-shirt, fleece vest, hoodie, fleece jacket, and a polar fleece blanket doubled over and I'm still cold. When I leave to go out I'm going to add to that snowpants, hiking boots with gaiters (gators? I don't know how to spell that but they're covers to go over low boots to keep wind/rain/snow out), my parka, tuque, two scarves, and two pairs of mitts. Wish me luck.
Karlie@1:28 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy