Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Monday, January 19, 2004

This is just stupid. Why can't I sleep? Since the turn of the New Year I slept through the night exactly once. Every other night I either don't fall asleep until some God-forsaken hour of the morning, or I fall asleep and then wake up every hour or two until my alarm goes off. According to WebMD insomnia is usually caused by caffeine, excercise, or food. Well, let's look at last night as an example (where I didn't fall asleep until sometime close to 3AM). Caffeine: one cup of tea, 3PM. Excercise: walked to and from grocery store from about 1-2PM. Food: had supper at 5PM. Before bed: did some knitting. Went to bed at 11PM, had gotten up that morning at about 9:30AM. So wtf? I can't do anything else right! I've changed every habit they told me to and I'm still only averaging about 5 hours to 3 hours of sleep a night. I'm like a zombie in my classes. I'm somewhere between napping and passing out all day.




Karlie@9:26 a.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy