Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Sunday, December 14, 2003

Yay! So on Friday I got presents from the gift exchange. From Angela I got really nice stoneware mixing bowls, these should help to make cookie making easier! And from Marcia and Kayla I got a rock tumbler! How cool is that? I've always wanted one, so now I have one :D It's tumbling right now by the piano, but it's loud so it's covered by a box, blanket, and pillows. By the time I go home I should have lovely polished stones. These ones are just from the kit, I have to collect a 1/2 lb myself to do next. And I also need a refill of grit and polish before I can do that.

On another topic, I have some Harry Potter questions.
1)Would squibs be able to brew potions?
-After talking to some people about this, most seem to think they could. I myself think that they couldn't brew potions, because I would think that you would need to be inherently magical to allow them to work. I'm sure that they could use already brewed potions though (Mr. Filch uses "Mrs. Skower's All-purpose Magical Mess Remover") In fact, I bet the only squib-friendly subjects at Hogwarts are Herbology and History of Magic.

2)Where do wizarding children learn to read and write?
-It is apparent that Ron knows nothing of the muggle world ("fellytone"), yet is obviously capable of reading, writing, and doing mathematics. Are they all homeschooled?

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd two days to Trilogy Tuesday! Woohoo!
Karlie@2:02 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy