Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Thursday, November 20, 2003

Welcome to Opposite Land


Yesterday I was walking back to school with Curtis after buying the DVD (see Monday), when I fell. I stepped with my right foot over the curb, and when I brought my left foot over it caught some ice and kicked my right foot out from under me. The result being that I landed on my left leg, and I now have torn ligaments and muscles in my left ankle by my achilles tendon, strained lower abdominals (in my back) and have to walk with a cane. I hate that thing, it's so humiliating. I tried to make it sound better by calling it my Smeltings stick, but my friends that haven't read Harry Potter don't get the joke. At least they're few and far between.

This morning I got a phone call from EnCana Energy, they gave me a summer position. 4 months, at $3800/month. That's more per month than I earned over the whole of last summer.

It also snowed a good foot at least.

But my lab was short.

I'm just waiting for what happens next. Since choir tonight was good and Kayla made dinner, I'm expecting to be hit by tomorrow's bus on the way to my lab. I can't go to class because I can't walk (even with my Smeltings stick) all the way across campus from the bus depot. I don't know how I'm going to dance at the wedding I'm going to this weekend. Oh well, I have a gorgeous new outfit so I'll just sit and look beautiful I guess.
Karlie@1:07 a.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy