Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

It's been another really long time since my last post, but for good reason.

1) My ice fall turned into a long saga involving x-rays, possible surgery (but not anymore), and a declaration of severe damage to the tendons along my instep: consequence of crutches until I can put weight on it again
2) I got a chest cold this weekend which won't let go, so I'm kept up half the night coughing and my asthma monster is back with a vengence
3) To top it off a pipe in my ceiling burst, running water in the wall underneath the carpet in my room and the hall so the hacked a hole in the ceiling, we have a wind tunnel in our hallway with industrial fans, and I think the bottom of my desk and dresser are ruined.

So I've had a rough weekend. The worst is that I can't get to my Geomorphology class because it's too far and I don't have the upper-body strength to make it from the bus stop to ETLC, and I have two choir performances next week. Speaking of which, if you live in Edmonton come to the Lighting of the Legistlature, 4:00 on Dec. 4 at the leg.
Karlie@11:08 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy