Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Thursday, October 23, 2003

The virus that started digging it's heels in a few days ago has hit with a vengance. I thought I was going to pass out on my exam, I just thought "if I do that I'll fail it" and scared my self sufficently to return to myself until the end of it. Of course it didn't help that we had some sort of monsoon going on this morning, my pants were actually wringable and my shoes were squishing. It soaked through my backpack and into my notes. I need both a real rain jacket (mine has finally started to fail) and a waterproof backpack. Especially if I'm going on field school next year. Oh well, at least this week is pretty much over. Now I just have a lab midterm (Monday), a 15 page paper (Nov 6), my second Mineralogy midterm (Nov 7) and my second 290 midterm (Nov 12). And then of course it's about time to start studying for finals. DAMN I HATE SECOND MIDTERMS. Of course it's even better that my prof decided to make the 290 midterm the day AFTER the long weekend so I don't even get to relax, no, I'll be studying. Are they being vindictive because when they were students their profs did it to them? Or are they just sadistic? Or is it that they're so clueless they forgot that that's a long weekend?

Anyway.

Here's a couple of cool comics:




Karlie@11:56 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy