Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

This Thanksgiving was pretty good, I went down to my Aunt's (who's not really my Aunt but a second cousin once removed or something). I watched two of my cousin's hockey games, he plays Midget Triple A. He's really good, in fact the whole league is really good. A lot of the kids go on to get scholarships, or play for JHL, AHL, or NHL. So besides sitting in a hockey rink a did a lot of cooking, and yesterday my Aunt and I drove out into Kananaskis Country. We followed a kind of not-so-good highway to Sheep River Falls, where I took some pictures because it was absolutely gorgeous there. I also took a picture of the big-horned sheep we ran into on the way there. There were about 6 on the road, and another 3 way way up the hill on the rocky peak. They look pretty funny coming down, they just barrel straight down the slope. The unfortunate side-effect of going away for Thanksgiving meant I had to get up at 6:30 this morning. Normally that isn't too early but for some reason today it seemed a God-forsaken hour.

And it snowed in Kananaskis. Old Man Winter is starting to move in.
Karlie@8:24 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy