Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Thursday, September 18, 2003

The weather has finally smartened up a bit around here, the weather should be getting into the double digits this afternoon. Thankfully (sort of) I was sick on Tuesday so I deferred my three-hour outdoor lab to today. So we should at least be warm while we're crawling all over the river valley with putty knives, examining glacial features in the wall of valley.

I went to CaPS this afternoon to check out the campus job listings. It's unbelievable, all the big companies like Exxon and EnCana are already asking for applications, the deadlines range from September 30 to October 4. Hello, I don't even know what I'm doing next WEEKEND never mind this SUMMER. But, of course, my applications are already filled out and I got some transcripts (I have to go get more tomorrow, they only let you get 5 a day for some reason) to go with them. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be getting some nice e-mails saying "We would like an interview". Hopefully I don't have to go to Calgary for them...most of the jobs are out of Calgary.

Ah well, back to the grind.

Karlie@3:27 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy