Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Monday, September 15, 2003

Today's paleo lab was a lot easier than I expected it to be. I think the reason they have that class is to drive us geologists crazy. All those stupid names to memorize, complicated specimens to draw, and to top it off most of them are extinct! Do I care about learning about them? Well, yes and no. I like to learn about them, but I hate the labs that shove it down our throats. After all I did get a really nice trilobite specimen for my birthday from Kayla. It's Elrathia kingi, here's a picture from another site:


I also have a headache drilling it's way through my skull, I got a cold for my birthday as well. Awhile ago (like 3 weeks ago) I'd just had a headache so I wrote a poem about it. I do that a lot actually, when something pisses me off I put it in writing...

Hiding in a dark corner of my mind
the dark thoughts
play raquetball

bouncing ideas
off my skull, off my nose

"would she really? do you think?"

the sharp sound - reverbrates
hurts my head

the sharp thoughts - resonate
hurt my heart

then in a darkened room
a cool bed
soft pillows

they reluctantly retreat

lurking in the shadows
Karlie@8:59 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy