Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Monday, September 22, 2003

Today was pretty good, I was thinking I'd have to be late for my first class, because I needed to pick up transcripts for another summer job application, but then the line-up was short so I wasn't late. Of course it was EAS 220 which is the most useless class I have taken in my life, but oh well. Then I found out that Palaeo was cancelled (yay for a lunch spare), and I went to the Geo common room to discover a bunch of people in my Mineralogy class who helped me understand stereograms. And to top it all off, the Palaeo lab today, which I thought would take 3 hours and more only took two and a half. So. It was a good day.

All these job apps for Geology are beginning to stress me a little. First I spent a LOT of time getting them ready, at least 5 hours in total. Then I spent another hour getting them where they were supposed to go. A 7 dollar fax later and many hours at CaPS they're all sent off. But then something else struck me. Pretty much all these jobs are in Calgary. Now I don't mind Calgary that much myself, and I could handle living there. The only thing is: transportation. IF they like my application and IF I get and interview and IF I get a job, how am I going to get around? The only solution is a car, and I don't think that's any kind of a solution. Anyone with access to my finances (which, hopefully, no one but me does) knows, cars are out of the question.
And besides that, if all these places are based in Calgary, will I have to go there to conduct my interview?

I don't know what's harder. Work or School.


Karlie@10:58 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy