Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Friday, September 12, 2003

So this blog is named after a poem I wrote awhile ago, last autumn actually:

The music begins, softly
slowly and seductively the notes float, drifting in the air
they hang suspended.
Currents move them gently, gathering them together, compelling them into one.
And then they fall, black drops empty and full, oblivion and eternity.
They coat me, obscuring me.
Washed into nothingness.
I am gone.

Sometimes I can write some cool stuff. I can also write really BAD stuff, but that's beside the point. I also have a headache disgustingly large for such a small person.

Choir tomorrow and then IKEA for a mirror. I need one in my room, because having only one in the house is not condusive to a good relationship between three girls. We'll see how that goes, as my Dad says "IKEA is Swedish for 'out of stock' "

Karlie@7:45 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy