Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Tuesday, September 16, 2003

I really have been interested in Geology for a long time, although I didn't know it was Geology or that I could major in it in University. I remember as a kid taking one really big rock, and using it to crush other rocks powder to see what they were made of. My grandpa used to take me hiking all the time, and we used to look for gold (we have a lot of quartz around) and chalcopyrite. I even had a rock collection, and my grandparents gave me a birthday gift of cool ones they'd collected in Alaska. I just came to University and floundered first year. This being because I intended to major in Chemistry and minor in Physics. HA! What a laugh! One good dose of Chem 163 cleared that right up. Then my ex (who wasn't an ex at the time) started telling me about his cool earth sciences class. So I took it, and really like it. However, at the time I also took Ling 101 which Kayla told me to take, and liked that too. So my intention was to major in Geology and minor in Linguistics in order to get into Speech Pathology. Then came the clincher - you need an 8 (out of a 9-point scale) GPA to get into Speech Path. Well that was an easy decision. I'd do Geology. And if I was going to do Geology, I might as well do it all the way and go into Specialization. And here I am.

I'll stop ranting now, because that's more than you ever wanted to know about me.

If you want more angry/interesting/funny/strange blogs check out Biogeek and Eyes Lies and Spies under the links section.

Karlie@10:45 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy