Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Monday, September 29, 2003

I hate being sick. It is the bane of my existence. Bridget (in Bridget Jones' Diary) said "When one area of your life is going good, another area screws up". I've been working so hard this year, keeping up and ahead of my readings, doing my labs thoroughly, studying, and then I get sick and miss two days of class. It's like my body says "oh, you know what would be fun, let's get sick and make her work twice as hard to catch up to stuff", which will inevitably make me tired and that much more susceptible to getting sick again. It doesn't seem to matter what I do. Take my meds, don't take my meds. Sleep, don't sleep. Worry, don't worry. I ALWAYS get sick.

I hate all the curveballs life throws you. Couldn't Lady Luck, God, whoever just back off once in awhile and let everything go OK for a change? No matter who or what throws a curveball it always breaks your step. They say to take it in stride, but some things are too big to step over, so you have to find your way around them. And that takes time, patience, and experience.

Life definitely has it's frustrations.
Karlie@10:41 a.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy