Follow the Mome Raths

Thoughts of a Canadian University Student

Sunday, September 21, 2003

I had the best time yesterday. Choir in the morning (Sectionals, so not AS much fun and we have a really wickedly hard piece, but all in all not bad), then Marcia and I went out shopping. We went to Whyte Ave first, where I got my Mom's chistmas present, and then we went to West Ed. We walked for a bit, ran into Claire and Melissa and talked to them for quite a while, then found some t-shirts at Old Navy. Afterwards...hee hee he.

Elizabeth and I were going to go out, and when we found out Michelle (Elizabeth's roommate) was going to the Stonehouse with a friend we decided to go too. I went early, but not before finishing the Tom Collins I had started the other night, and brought the other three with me. Elizabeth and I then enjoyed a few Tom Collins and some Pink Elizabeths (we invented it, it's very girly, peach pop with vodka and grenadine) and giggled our heads off at the Disney movie we'd put on.

Anyway we danced for about 2 and a half hours at the bar and had a blast, came home exhausted, and I spent the night at Elizabeth's. Fun was had by all, and we managed to get lots of good looks, but no phone numbers. That's OK, I didn't want any anyway.

It's really nice, this year has been a lot different. I'm enjoying my classes, I'm enjoying where I live, and I'm enjoying doing stuff with my friends. My first year I was 10% turmoiled and 90% happy. Last year I was about that but in reverse, ie high turmoil low happy. This year I'd say I'm about 70% happy and 30% turmoiled. That's OK, turmoil makes life interesting. It's so nice that when I'm not doing anything, like when I'm on the bus or in Eas 220, I don't sit and worry or feel sad or depressed, I just mostly feel calm and content.

Thank God.
Karlie@3:18 p.m.


listening

Weezer

George and Ira Gershwin

JS Bach

Mozart

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Antonio Vivaldi

Handel

Charlotte Church

Oldies

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Reading

The DaVinci Code

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Princess Diaries

The Bonesetter's Daughter

FoxTrot

Calvin and Hobbes

His Dark Materials

Invitation to the Game

Guests of War Trilogy